Saturday, July 11, 2009

Flathead, Glacier


Starting the 5th of July, Sam & Becca invited us for a week stay at a cabin near Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park. Basically, Sam & Becca had been trying to get us to go up there to show us how beautiful it was for a long time. However, our vacation time was always spent in Lovell or Tropic. Well, while talking to a friend of a friend of a friend (or something like that), Becca found a cabin by Flathead and decided the office should hold a retreat. How could we say no to that?The cabin was right on Echo Lake, a gorgeous little area not far from Flathead. They took their 2 boats so we spent LOTS of time swimming and boating around the Echo Lake area while the guys often went fishing. We also spent a day at Whitefish, a day at Glacier National Park, and some lazy days around the Big Fork area. It was lots of fun! It rained some times, but the water was always around 70 degrees!

The area was so beautiful and so different from anything I had ever seen. It reminded me of how I imagine Minnesota with it's thousand lakes and pine trees all around. When I think of a lake, it's usually NOT with pine trees. It was amazing!

I found out something about my children: I am raising some pansies! I was very surprised at which daughter was "daring." I think many of you will be surprised too!


Karissa giving the thumbs down (slow down) sign and Randon crying.

Paige (pansy) crying.Karissa (pansy) crying and Kyla (brave one), smiling!Of course Pat is daring as well...loving every minute of it! Patrick showed just how daring (or stupid) he is by jumping in ICE COLD water at Glacier. I think Uncle Sam paid Sammy and him $5 to jump in the ice cold water...and they did!!! CRAZY!


3 comments:

Becca said...

What a fun trip. I'm so glad we went. It makes me want to go back.

Anny said...

We feel very lucky to have gone with the Pollocks! Good times!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Looks like so much fun, and beautiful area!