While I was working on the final touches of Karissa's baptism program (just hours before her baptism) I noticed my computer was running a little slow. So, I thought I'd restart it so it would run better. Much to my dismay, the computer wouldn't boot up past a certain point! I felt very fortunate that I had printed a pretty good "rough draft" that quickly became the final copy. Fortunately, the baptism ran smoothly anyway....
Then, last Friday I was innocently working on my computer. I noticed there was a Windows update and I thought, "Later." I was just about to e-mail Patrick a file when all of the sudden, the Update was updating and shutting everything else down. I thought, "Dangit. Oh, well." I waited for awhile but needed to get back to work and since it said, "Shutting down your computer could result in serious damage" or something like that, I decided against restarting my computer. It seemed like no big deal, but when I checked on my computer hours later, it had crashed! It seems that the computer locked up therefore the "serious damage" it had warned me about occured.
Well, a week later, I still don't have a working computer. So, Becca let me borrow her's for the evening. I was going to take it back later tonight, but she called and said, "If you'll promise to post at least one thing on your blog, I'll let you just keep it til tomorrow." So not only did she set me up, she also is working with me to make my blog a success. What a gal! (Notice I did FOUR posts AND changed my background since Halloween is tomorrow and I don't know when I'll get back to it!)
Now, it's past midnight and I really should sleep. I can't remember if there is anything I was supposed to do the next time I got on the computer, but I'm sure it will come to me as soon as I drive away from giving Becca back her computer.
I guess it's true....Computers are like husbands: can't live with them, can't live without them!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are sooooo right, computers are good AND bad. If they go out, can't do anything, but love them when they work. Love the posts:) You can borrow any time:)
I'm glad you finally posted something!!! I guess not having a computer is a pretty good excuse. Your October looks like our June! Looks like you guys have been having a good time. :)
Amy, no wonder why you haven't posted for a couple of weeks, if you would have had a working computer I know you would have posted, Right?:) I love Clints team of football players they look buff, but I sure am glad they still had their princess legs!
I think you are smart about the blog world if you can redecorate it for the season!! How do you do that? I post... and that is all. I do enjoy visiting other blogs!
Post a Comment