Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Thing They Call "BLOG"

My sister-in-law, Rebecca, has been telling me for months that I needed to start a blog. Sunday, after Karissa's baptism, I caved!

What does the word "Blog" mean anyway? Where did it come from? I know "everybody's doing it" and it's fun to read everyone else's, but does that mean I need one too? Can I really keep up with one more thing? I guess we'll see. . . .

One thing it has done already is connect me with people I don't see/hear from much. It gives them a little update even if I don't call or e-mail. It also gives me a place to show off my cute kids. That's definitely a plus.

Thanks, Becca! (I guess) We'll see how I keep up, but either way, it's fun to keep in touch.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Hey, if you slack a little, I know where you live.....I know how to bug:) You'll do great, I know it.

Hayley said...

Congrats to Karissa on her baptism, what a great day. Wish we could have been there. I am so glad you decided to blog:)

nicc and aimee said...

Amy, looks good! I just started one in August and have been trying to get on the Family website to post our address. Check it out! niccandaimee.blogspot.com. Hey, I need help with my backgrounds, where did you find yours, it is great!!!

Notes from Francie said...

I like the look of your blog!!

aleisa said...

I feel exactly like you Amy! But it is nice to keep in touch with friends and family...it makes it so much easier! :) Congrats on Karissas baptism...your family is adorable!