Sunday, October 12, 2008

Karissa's Baptism



Yesterday was an exciting day for our family: Karissa was baptized! Friday night, we had a HUGE snowstorm come in, but she still had a wonderful turn-out. Grandpa & Grandma Crosby and Aunt Cristy & kids came from Lovell; Uncle Nicc & Aunt Aimee Crosby came from Star Valley; Aunt Kelli & Uncle Mike and Aunt Dana & Uncle Tony & kids came from Burlington; Todd & Emily Simmons & boys came from Cowley; Uncle Kenny, Aunt Jodi & Sedley came from Billings; of course Sam & Becca joined us from here in Laurel. Karissa also had primary teachers, her school teacher, and other friends and family from here in Laurel. (So far, everyone has made it home safely!) If was a wonderful occasion! Thanks SO much for all who made such an effort to make it. Also, thanks so much for all who were thinking of her from afar. It was a special occasion and a day I'm sure she'll never forget!

12 comments:

sandals said...

Congrats, Karissa! Congrats, Amy, too for joining the blogging world! Love ya!

Emily S. said...

We were so glad to be there and so lucky to have such great friends!!
Welcome to the cyberworld Pollocks!! EMily

Becca said...

Amy, it looks so good!! You are already a pro! Karissa, it was a privledge to be there at your baptism. You looked so beautiful. What an example you are to us. Love you all!

Brett and Desiree said...

Amy, I'm so sorry we couldn't make it. It sounds like it was wonderful. Welcome to the blogging world!:)

Anonymous said...

How Fun!! Wish we would have been able to make it ! It sounds like it was a wonderful day! Glad your blog is up and running!!

Anonymous said...

How Fun!! Wish we would have been able to make it ! It sounds like it was a wonderful day! Glad your blog is up and running!!

Paul and Kelly said...

I'm glad you have a blog now! Sorry we couldn't make it to Karissa's baptism.

Sally said...

A beautiful girl with a great dad. What more could you ask for? Melissa and I were debating if it was Kyla or Karissa who turned 8, time sure does fly. And...happy blogging Amy, but be careful, it becomes so addicting you watch your dishes pile up and you read these great posts from all over!

Jen said...

Amy,
Thanks for the invite. I love your family picture! I'll send an invite to you of our blog.

Jen said...

So, after I left that comment I realized that you already have an invite to our blog. Ha ha....

Megan said...

Karissa you are Beautiful! That guy in the picture isn't so bad either. I am so proud of you for making the decision to be baptized. I wish I could have been their. Very cute blog page Amy.You can keep up. I was worried about not having time to post, but for some reason I have. It is fun reading about everyone and keeping in touch.

Notes from Francie said...

We are so sorry we couldn't be there when Karissa was baptized. Karissa you are just a beautiful girl! You are lucky to have such a wonderful Mom and Dad who made your day special for you. With the storm we just stayed home. That was quite a storm you had.