The kids were done with school Friday the 19th at noon. We hoped to get out of town "soon" but about 4:00 we left. We had a good time in Lovell. Curtis & kids came on Saturday, Todd & family came early Sunday morning, and Nicc & family came Tuesday evening. (Of course Cristy & family were there too, since most of them live there!) We had a great time together! The weather was VERY cold so our usual plans of ice skating didn't happen. Some braved the weather and went sledding (I was NOT one of them).


Christmas Eve we had a visit from Santa & Mrs. Claus and then enjoyed a wonderful production of the Nativity. The kids did fabulous as usual.

Christmas morning we opened presents. Everybody must have been pretty good because we all did well! We then headed to Aunt Trish & Uncle John's for breakfast. It was amazing! I've never seen so much food! Thanks, Aunt Trish! We finished off a terrific Christmas with a "White Christmas"...Cristy's oldest son's girlfriend, Stormy, was baptized! It was SO amazing as the Spirit was SO strong! The most amazing part was she "caught" the stomach bug that day and had been throwing up most of the day. She could hardly stand up. However, she still wanted to go through with it. With a lot of faith, she made it through! Plus, after the baptism, Michael asked her to marry him! What a wonderful day!
Friday afternoon we all went bowling. (We had to find an indoor activity!) It also was a great time! We finished the visit off with a wonderful rendition of "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota." (A song we've adopted as our own from Weird Al Yankovic.) I'm sure if any of you saw it, you would be inspired.
Overall, I think it would've been perfect had several (more than 1/2) not have gotten the stomach "bug." Plus, mom's knee is pretty bad. She had to/was supposed to stay off of it. Not too good. Hopefully it will heal soon.
We had planned to head to Tropic Saturday morning, but Clint talked to his dad and decided he couldn't have as much fun hiking, hunting, etc. in 3 ft. of snow! We're staying home this week instead which is a treat. WE ARE NEVER HOME WITH NO PLANS!! We always have a project or we're gone. I would've enjoyed Tropic, but I am excited to have some time at home.
12 comments:
Hey looks like you all had lots of fun! Thanks again to your brothers for helping us out with all the humanitarian stuff! It felt good to have it gone and to someone who can us it!!
It was fun having you guys down for the Christmas break! Wow, I didn't know you all put on such a nice production of the nativity--very impressive! We're sorry we didn't make it to the baptism, and that's exciting about the engagement. Cute pictures of the Christmas program too!
It looks like fun and great memories.
hey..i found your blog through michelle's! It's kristin (allred) if you wanna send me your email i'll add you to my blog because i turned it private!! There are too many Wackos out there!! :)
Hi Amy,
I found your blog through Michelle's also, and wanted to say hi. It's been a very long time since I saw you. What a beautiful family you have. Your girls look a lot like you. I like the picture of your daughter singing at her program. It reminded me of when you and I sang "I Walk By Faith" at a RS dinner. That seems like another life to me. You were always so fun to sing with. Looks like your daughter got your talent. Hope you and your family are well. Visit my blog anytime. I love comments:):)
gksinks.blogspot.com
Hey guys,
We sure missed all of you for Christmas and would have loved you down to Tropic, but its true we are house bound with not a whole lot to do. However thats how I like it, think of all of the visiting we could have got done especially you Clint we could have sat on the couch all day by each other I just know you would have loved that. Christmas looked so fun for all of you and that is so neat about Michael. Hopefully soon you will be able to plan another Tropic trip and hopefully all the snow will be gone.
hey this is JaDee's wife, Nicole! found your blog from kristy sinks! and now I see megan's on board with the blog thing too! Hope you don't mind if I hop over and spy on you guys and invite you to do the same! We are in Alaska now and searching desperatly for a house! and trying to keep warm! It just recently got as cold as Lovell was over Christmas so we feel your pain!
What a Christmas!!! Fun filled and sick filled it sounds like. It will be good to be home soon too. Glad most of the break went well.
AMY!!!! Oh I was so excited to see you wrote on my blog!.. and that you have a blog!.. It is fun to see your family.. your kids all look like little mini Clint and Amy's!..Looks like you had a great Christmas...and i enjoyed looking at the other pics too....Congrats to Clint on being in the Bishopric...what is your new calling now, Amy?... Well, email me or come write on my blog again.. Love you girl!..Dixie
Hey, I was sad you guys didn't make it down, but it sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas. I bet that was great being home with no plans, that is how my whole month of January is, and I am SO excited.
Hey Amy, I tried to comment on Kyla's blog but for some reason it won't let me. Check her settings to see and if you don't want me commenting on it fine then, I guess I understand. ;)HAHA
Post a Comment