Last week we got an unexpected change in our lives...Clint was called as a 2nd Counselor in our bishopric in our Church! We were quite surprised. He has been serving as the Ward Clerk and has done a fabulous job. Many have commented how good he is...so fast and efficient. As a RS President, it has worked out wonderfully because I can make sure any changes needed--get done, and I can get a report/phone list printed almost any time. I know he'll be missed as the Ward Clerk, but will do a great job in the bishopric.
For those of you who don't know, Clint is NOT a suit guy. He didn't want to "give it away" as soon as people walked in (just in case they didn't notice my parents and Kenny, Jodi, and Sedley there), so he sat up on the stand in the Ward Clerk's spot without his coat on. Then right after we sustained him as a High Priest, he put it on and received the call IN his suit coat. It was fun! Now, he gets to wear a suit every week...it might cramp his style, but he looks good!
With his calling comes my release as RS President. Our bishop said I'll probably finish out the year and then get released. Of course that is bittersweet. I LOVE the sisters in my ward and have truly enjoyed serving them. However, I'm sure I'll enjoy a little less responsibility, especially with Clint's new calling. Besides, I trust the Lord knows what is best for me and our family. Now, I wonder what my next calling will be....
For those of you who don't know, Clint is NOT a suit guy. He didn't want to "give it away" as soon as people walked in (just in case they didn't notice my parents and Kenny, Jodi, and Sedley there), so he sat up on the stand in the Ward Clerk's spot without his coat on. Then right after we sustained him as a High Priest, he put it on and received the call IN his suit coat. It was fun! Now, he gets to wear a suit every week...it might cramp his style, but he looks good!
With his calling comes my release as RS President. Our bishop said I'll probably finish out the year and then get released. Of course that is bittersweet. I LOVE the sisters in my ward and have truly enjoyed serving them. However, I'm sure I'll enjoy a little less responsibility, especially with Clint's new calling. Besides, I trust the Lord knows what is best for me and our family. Now, I wonder what my next calling will be....

10 comments:
Congrats on the new callings. I like the change in our callings spices things up a bit & makes life (and church) much more interesting!
Congradulations Clint! You'll be great!
Congrats Clint we couldn't be prouder as if we weren't already! You have a wonderful family and the lord sure does know what he is doing:)
So Amy, did the other 2 in the bishopric stay the same? Are the Graves still there? How are they doing? I'm sure Clint looks great in a suit and he'll do great. The break from RS will be nice, although you did a great job in there!
Caralee
When I was getting my teeth cleaned the other day I told Clint I was surprised he had not been called as Bishop yet in your ward. How funny I didn't know you were getting a new bishop until Clint told me.You are both such assetts to a ward we sure miss you here in Cowley. Yeah for a little less responsibility!
Congratulations Clint! I'm sure you will be great!
That is great! I was sad to be released when Dave was called but it is always nice to have a change. And being in the bishopric is defiantly a change! Good luck on the new calling...
I am so excited for you Clint. Now I can really bug you about getting my primary teachers called asap!:) Amy, I'm actually sad you will be released, how else am I supposed to know what is going on in the ward? :)
Clint will do great! That is TOO funny about the suit! I love that you guys can laugh at things. You're a great couple! Your lawn looks nice too.
Clint will do a great job. I will miss you as R.S. pres. but maybe now you can sit down for 2 seconds every other day.
Post a Comment