Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Play for Thanksgiving




Last Monday and Tuesday Karissa's class put on "A Play for Thanksgiving," and Karissa had a main part. She played the part of Sarah Josepha Hale, the woman who wrote President Lincoln several times trying to get him to recognize Thanksgiving as a holiday. Sarah finally got invited to the White House to meet with President Lincoln and he made Thanksgiving a national holiday. (Sarah also wrote "Mary Had a Little Lamb.")

Karissa did a wonderful job! I was very proud of her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I bet Karissa did a great job! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Becca said...

She looks so beautiful. I wish I would have gone to see her.

Megan said...

She looks Great. I'm still kicking my self for not being there! Love ya Karissa!!

Tami and Jared said...

I didn't know we had such a cute little actress in our midst!