Thursday, April 9, 2009

California Adventure


Clint took the boys Wednesday and left for Tropic to see his Dad. The girls and I decided to stay and hang out a few more days and head to Utah with Curtis. (He went to the Temple Sealing in Salt Lake so we rode with him.) On Wednesday, I helped Curtis hang a few things up in his new house while the girls just "hung out."

On Thursday, Kathy, a friend of Curtis' took the girls and me to California Adventure! (Because Curtis is a Southern California resident, he was able to get us Disneyland and California Adventure tickets for the SAME PRICE!!!) We had a wonderful time! None of us had been there, so it was a really great adventure. While there we went to the Aladdin show which was like a Broadway musical, we saw the Muppets, and went on some fun rides. Our favorite was the Hollywood Tower of Terror (or whatever it's called). It was a bit scary, but lots of fun! We also saw quite a few characters and were even able to get pictures with a few...without standing in line!

Kathy's daughter, Mallory and little guy Ryan joined us after lunch, and after work, Curtis brought his kids out (and a friend) and joined us. So much fun! I wish they could've spent the whole day, but that school stuff always gets in the way. Anyway, we had a great day!!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad you stayed with Curtis. You guys seem so close.

Anny said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip. Next time Jim and I are going too! We did miss seeing you in Tropic, but it was nice to see your boys. Love the beach pictures.

Becca said...

I wish we could have gone too, but you know, TROPIC was calling. :) I'm glad you had fun.

Sally said...

Good for you Amy. Those are memories that your children will never forget, and memories and knowledge is all you get to take with you when you die...so it was money well spent. Sometimes we get hung up on fixing "material" problems and forget what really matters....being with our families.

Brett and Desiree said...

It's been awhile since I've checked in and Randon's quotes are classic--great laughs for me! Looks like CA was so much fun; glad you all got to go! The beach is definitely my favorite!:)