Saturday, April 4, 2009

Randon's 6th Birthday


We headed to Utah Thursday night after work (the 2nd). We stayed with my brother, Todd, and then on to California to my brother, Curtis' on Friday, the 3rd. We were pretty tired Saturday, so we kind of hung out, watched Conference, and just "chilled."

Clint, Curtis, Patrick, and Alan had the Priesthood Session, from 5:00pm-7:00pm, so I asked Randon what he wanted to do for his birthday. I thought I could maybe take him to Chuck E. Cheese while they were gone or something. Well, he informed me that he was "too old for Chuck E. Cheese." (YEAH!!!) We mentioned going to the beach and building a bonfire and he decided that was way more "age appropriate" for him!

So, after the meeting we headed to the beach. We had a great time! My kids had never been to the ocean, so it was a new experience. And, since we are from Montana, the cooler water was no big deal! I actually didn't plan for them to get wet, just maybe dip their feet. DUH!! They had a blast playing in the water, making smores, and just hanging out. Definitely what Randon was looking for...a new adventure!

Sunday, we had dinner and a football cake. (Not sure why he HAD to have a football cake, but it was easy enough even for me!!)

We're sure glad he joined us 6 years ago! He's still got that twinkle in his eye that makes us melt. Probably a good thing....it keeps him out of trouble!!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow! Six years old! What an awesome birthday activity. I wish Trevin thought he was too old for Chuck E. Cheese.

Megan said...

We sure thought about you all day Randon and we still can't believe you are six!! Happy Birthday.

Becca said...

So glad you got to have a NEW adventure for you're birthday Randon. I know these family parties are not so fun huh? :) Happy 6th!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Little Man!!! It sounds like he picked the perfect birthday location and celebration! I'm sure everyone had just as much fun as he did.